18/04/2011

It is easy to smile

(English version specially for my friend Rebekah!)

Truth: Smiling is easy, but we are the ones who make that hard.

We make that hard because pride and the false feeling of self-confidence hinder us from throwing ourselves intensely in the Lord's arms and feeling the full contentment and joy that He gives us, just because we are depending on Him.

We make that hard because, many times, the lack of conversation with God, letting Him hear and take control of our dreams, desires and plans, leaves us totally messed up in the lonely search for personal satisfaction. We can understand this better if we just remind the good feeling of unnatural peace we have when we break our hearts in God's presence... A life of prayer is one of the main keys for smiling!

So, remembering:
- Smiling is not a consequence of good circumstances, and should not depend on our "good mood".
- God gives us more than enough reasons to smile. He is in control, even when things don´t come as we expected.
- If you belong to the Lord, you have more than what's necessary to have a "totally simily" life.

So, ready? Let's start living it right now (with me)?

If smiling is easy, let's make it easy!

Today I remembered of a very old song that made me think about this:


When things don't happen the way I wanted
Instead of getting frustrated is better when I wait
To see what the Lord wants to show, what He wants to say
When He does not do what my heart yearns my way


It is easy to smile when we truly believe
The Lord is taking care of our every dreams
And it's so good to know that He will fulfill
Whatever need that I may feel


But sometimes, it´s so difficult to trust
That those things that I want are not the best for me
So then, I seek for my Lord
And tell Him that I just can´t understand, but that I believe
That He knows exactly what he does


So, I thank You, my Lord
For doing in me nothing else but your will
And I thank You because,
Despite what I am, Lord, still You treat me with so much love



It is easy to smile when we truly believe
The lord is taking care of our every dreams
And it's so good to know that he will fulfill
Whatever need that I may feel

Um comentário:

  1. Thank you so much for translating for me. You're such a sweet friend! I need to remember this..."It's easy to smile." It is hard when I look at what's going wrong, what's disappointing me and hurting my heart. But you are right, it's easy when I look at what God has done for me, how perfectly He loves me, and how faithfully He keeps His promises. Thanks for the reminder.

    And you did a great job translating! It makes perfect sense. :-)

    ResponderExcluir